Energy Community Twinning Programme
EC² has just launched registrations for our Twinning Programme, designed to support aspiring energy communities by connecting them with the expertise of established communities. Based on our research, the programme will focus on the legal, economic, and social aspects of energy projects, and share the knowledge and tools developed through the EC² project to help new energy communities thrive.
Participants will be supported to create an "Energy Community Action Plan", laying the groundwork for the establishment of your energy community.
Who is it for?
This programme is for individuals and groups who have not yet set up energy communities, but are interested in doing so. The programme takes place online, with calls take place in the CET timezone. The content will be focused on the European context.
What is the programme?
The Twinning Programme will connect aspiring energy communities with well-established communities and experts, who will share their experiences on the key aspects of energy community set-up and empower new communities to with the knowledge necessary to embark on, or strengthen, their own energy community projects.
The programme consists of a series of three online workshops in February-March 2024 that punctuate a continuous interaction between participating energy communities. These workshops and interactions will lead to the development of personalised “Energy Community Action Plans” for each of the aspiring energy communities.
The workshops will be conducted in English, but individual calls may be arranged in the languages of the established energy communities. Find the full programme details at the bottom of this page.
How can I apply?
To register your interest, fill out this form by 20th January 2024. Selected individuals/groups will be informed via email by early February.
Workshop 1: Legal and Economic Considerations for Energy Communities (February 15th 4:30pm - 6:30pm CET)
- Provide an overview of legal frameworks and regulations relevant to energy communities from the perspective of EC² Energy Communities.
- Explore economic models and financing options for Energy Communities based on EC² community experiences.
- Discuss barriers to economic sustainability and how EC² communities have tackled these challenges
- Share experiences and lessons learned from EC² communities.
Workshop 2: Social Engagement and Community Building (February 29th 4:30pm - 6:30pm CET)
- Highlight the importance of social engagement in energy projects.
- Share strategies for fostering community participation and support.
Workshop 3: Action Planning and Follow-Up (March 11th 4:30pm - 6:30pm CET)
- Assist participants in developing action plans for their energy projects.
- Provide resources and support for ongoing implementation and monitoring.
Sessions are online so you can join from anywhere, and the programme is totally free! Don't miss this fantastic chance to level up your energy community project and feel supported and encouraged by a network of peers.